The TLC Driver License allows a driver to drive a yellow taxi, green taxi, livery, black car, and limousine in New York City. TLC Driver License status of drivers who have an active license can be checked using license number or last name.
Check TLC Driver License status using License Number
Check TLC Driver License status using Driver's Last Name
TLC License Status
- For Hire Vehicles (FHV) – Active Drivers: The status of For Hire Vehicles drivers can be checked using License No. or Last Name.
- Medallion Drivers: The status of can be checked using License No.
- Street Hail Livery (SHL) Drivers: The status of Street Hail Livery (SHL) Drivers can be checked using License No. The Street Hail Livery (SHL) list consist of drivers that are currently active, in good standing and authorized to operate Street Hail Livery (SHL) vehicles
How to check if my TLC license is suspended?
Search for TLC driver license using driver’s name or license number. If the license is suspended, no results will appear.
How to get a TLC Driver License ?
The TLC driver license is required to drive for hire in New York City. Basic requirements to apply for a driver license are as under:
- Minimum age: 19
- Have a valid DMV Chauffer’s license- Class A, B, C, or E
- Must have a valid Social Security Number
- No fines or fees owed to NYS DMV or TLC
- No more than 5 points on the DMV license within a 15 month period back from your most recent violation date
- To see the “fit to hold a license” requirements look at Fitness Rules Notice