Check TLC Vehicle License Status using Vehicle License Number or Vehicle Identification Number
Enter VIN to check TLC License Status
Enter DMW Vehicle Plate Number to check TLC License Status
Types of TLC Vehicle Licenses
TLC issues following type of vehicle license:-
- Yellow Taxicabs: Yellow taxi cabs are yellow vehicles which can pick up passengers anywhere in New York City. Yellow cab vehicle owners must either own or lease a Yellow Taxicab Medallion. If you are interested in becoming a medallion owner visit the Medallion Owners and Agents. If you would like to lease a medallion review the List of Medallion Agents (xls) to find a TLC-licensed agent.
- For-Hire Vehicles (FHVs) : For-Hire Vehicles provide pre-arranged service anywhere in New York City and are dispatched by TLC-licensed FHV bases.
- Green Cabs: Green cabs or Street-Hail Liveries (SHLs) are For-Hire Vehicles that are permitted to accept street-hails. In exchange, Street-Hail Liveries may not operate in the Hail Exclusionary Zone, south of West 110th St and East 96th St.
- Commuter Vans: Commuter vans are vehicles that transport between 9 and 20 passengers in preapproved zones for a flat rate. Commuter vans are operated by Commuter Van Authorities.
- Paratransit Vehicles License: Paratransit vehicles provide non-emergency transportation for passengers with disabilities.