The Certificate of Occupancy (C.O.) for businesses in City of Carrollton, Texas is issued by the City Government. C.O is required in following cases:-
- When a new building is constructed and occupied;
- If an existing building or lease space is remodeled, enlarged, or altered;
- When any new use, tenant, or occupant is established;
- When any use, tenant, or occupant of any tenant or lease space is changed;
- When any tenant name or ownership is changed;
- If there is a change in use which would place the building or lease space in a different occupancy classification (group and/or division) as referenced in the International Building Code
The application fee is $100.
The owner or tenant should submit an application to obtain the Certificate of Occupancy. The application form can be downloaded below.